Pages

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Long arm of the law

A new week, same old problems.
I had a fairly good weekend in one way and another but Monday dawned and it was back to reality - that of a staff shortage. I have spoken to my main guy and he is happy to run some of the pipelaying and drainage jobs for me which is a great help as I know he is more than capable of running stuff with little fuss or bother. My construction guy has one job to finish off and then he can move onto the next project.
My two labourers are busy installing some gates in Leicestershire but reckon the ground although wet on top from the earlier snow, is as dry as Ghandi's flip-flops a few inches down.

We start a load of drainage next week followed by some groundworks then back on to drainage then some ditching. I now have a team full time in the Midlands/Northants as seems to have been a sudden run on pricing menages and horse arena's which is good as you can get on fairly well doing them and I did a lot back when I was based down south. Better to have too much work than too little. Looks like I'll have to see how much my shares are worth in British Asbestos Ltd and DDT Agri-Chem Co...

Another job I'll have to do this week is go to the bottle bank. Mind you, it might have to be under the cover of darkness as it could be a trifle embarrassing as it looks like I've had a 'Port-A-Thon'.
Have found that the best cheese to have with a nice glass of port is 'Cote Hill Blue'.
It's a great cheese and has wonderful texture and flavour.
http://cotehill.com/

I got stopped the other night on my way home by the boys in blue who said they were just checking as there had been a lot of Land Rovers stolen recently. They then asked if the dawgs in the truck were friendly to which I replied, "I have no idea - they were in it when I nicked it".
Not even a smile....

Danny DeVito invented Vimto






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.